The World’s Most Popular Live Vocal Mic!
If this is your first Shure SM58 dynamic microphone, then congratulations! You’re about to discover why it’s the most popular vocal microphone on the face of the planet! In fact, virtually every serious studio and live sound rig has several SM58s. Why? Because the Shure SM58 gives you three of the most important things a microphone can deliver: quality, consistency, and durability. In your hand or on a stand, in your studio or onstage, gig after gig, show after show, session after session, the Shure SM58 dynamic microphone will never let you down.
Shure SM58 Handheld Dynamic Microphone at a Glance:
- Quality sound for any source
- Consistent performance you can count on
- Extreme durability for a lifetime of abuse
Quality sound for any sourceOne of the most outstanding things about the Shure SM58 is that you a can stick one in front of any kind of vocalist (and most instruments, for that matter) and get excellent results. It’s a fact – even though it’s best known today for its near indestructibility (we’ll go into that later), no one would have cared about the SM58 in the first place if didn’t sound amazing. The secret to the SM58’s sound is fine-tuned frequency response, which cut out low-end rumble and adds a noticeable rise in the upper-mid frequencies. This deliberate presence peak adds warmth and clarity to your vocals, but it also lets you get the most out of a wide range of sources, including guitar cabinets, brass, and many other instruments.
Consistent performance you can count onHere’s something you probably didn’t know about the Shure SM58. These handy handheld microphones are actually built to fairly tight standards. What that means is that an SM58 is going to sound like an SM58, so you can mix and match and add more SM58s to your collection, and you’re always going to get the sound you expect. What’s more, they all have the same focused cardioid polar pattern. That’s great onstage, where you have to worry about bleed from the mains causing feedback. It’s also a bonus in the studio, because it lets you get solid isolation between your vocals and your instruments.
Extreme durability for a lifetime of abuseWe can’t mention the good old SM58 without talking about its legendary toughness. Drop it from a skyscraper, run over it with a box truck, freeze it, drown it, bury it in soft peat for three months – it’s all been done to the SM58, repeatedly, and there are videos up on YouTube to prove it. And the best part is that not only will this heroic mic continue to function after serious abuse, it will sounds exactly the same as it did before. Now, do you think a little thing like the normal wear and tear of the stage life is any match for your SM58? No way! Buy a Shure SM58, and you’ve got a killer mic you can put in your will.
Shure SM58 Handheld Dynamic Microphone Features:
- The most popular handheld dynamic microphone in the world
- Perfect for use live onstage or in your studio
- Presence peak adds warmth and clarity to vocals and removes low-frequency rumble from all instruments
- Cardioid pickup pattern isolates the main sound source, minimizes background noise, and provides high gain before feedback live
- Internal pneumatic shock-mount system cuts down handling noise
- Effective, built-in spherical wind and pop filter reduces breath noise and plosives
- Includes break-resistant stand adapter that provides 180-degree pitch positioning
- Legendary Shure quality, ruggedness and reliability
The Shure SM58 is the world’s most popular vocal mic, and it’s built to last!
|Output Impedance||150 ohms|